Thursday 2 June 2011

Handmade Thursday - Personalised Apron

On Tuesday we had great fun at a pizza making event with My Daddy Cooks and along with some other goodies, Ruby got to keep her chef's hat and apron.


It was a perfectly nice apron, but I thought it would look nicer still if I decorated it.  Ruby agreed that it would be nice to have her name on it so I got busy with some cupcake printed fabric and Bondaweb.

I've never used Bondaweb before, but I suspect it's going to become my new best friend.  I'm quite pleased with the outcome - I even remembered to reverse the letters. It would not have surprised me in the least if I'd ended up with a pinny that read 'yubr'.



I still need to stitch around the letters just to finish it off, but my enthusiasm kinda waned when I showed it to Ruby and she promptly burst into tears, declaring 'I didn't want you to do that!!'.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all and I expect she'll come round...



Head over to White Lily Green to see what everyone else has been making.

Inspire Me Beautiful

Also linking up to Kids Get crafty

10 comments:

  1. Oh my God. You are sooooo clever! I love it!!!

    Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are clever and that is so so cute!

    Maggy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! where did you get the bondaweb from? I had a look for it, but was not entirely sure how it is packaged etc...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gemma. I got mine from a sewing shop/haberdashery. They stock it at John Lewis too. It's just on a roll and they cut what you require by the 25cm or so.

    I couldn't find it either, but asked and they produced it from behind the counter! x

    @missielizzieb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely make, I'm sure your daughter will come round and treasure it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (and thank you for linking to Kids Get Crafty!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. With such a cool name you should get it on everything possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello friends,

    Personalised kids aprons made with love and perfect for your child. Enjoy seeing your children in perfectly personalised children's apron. Thanks for this nice idea.......

    ReplyDelete