Monday 5 November 2012

Magpie Monday - back in the saddle

Apologies for my disappearance last week.  I think it's the first Monday since Magpie Monday began that there hasn't been a post.  Sorry, I was too drunk disorganised  to organise a guest host.

We've spent a glorious week at Liss Ard in West Cork, and I pretty much managed to totally switch off.  It was long overdue!

Firmly back in Blighty now, I needed to get my junk fix - Mr O'Leary and his Ryanair crew wouldn't permit me to bring home thrifty hauls unless I paid a whopping excess baggage charge, so I had to leave some Irish charms behind.

Saturday we went to a good old fashioned British jumblie and boy was it a brutal affair.  I managed to force myself to the front and snaffled a few goodies.


A whole stash of fabric, some of which is vintage Heal's (squeals!).



A cute box of mini wooden dominoes for crafting purposes.



A selection of hurricane lamps/jars for Christmas decorating lushness.  I'm thinking: moss; pine cones and pure white church candles...

It was worth the bruises!

Over a cup of tea and a slice of cake, I got talking to a lovely girl who totally gave me the lowdown on buying and selling on Facebook and told me which local groups to join.  I can't wait to check that out, and kick fee paying to Ebay and Paypal into touch.  So all in all, a good Saturday's work!

What thrifty pleasures have you found?



Grab the badge and link up.


Me and My Shadow

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice holiday, I bet you were gutted that you had to leave Irish goodies behind...I would have cried, lol.
    Loving the fabric stash x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mean old Ryanair! Welcome back to Blighty, lovely finds, esp the fabric. Will you be sharing your new-found wheeler dealer knowledge? I do hope so. Glad to have you back honey. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have serious fabric envy!

    You definitely deserved a break. I've linked up the blogpost I was planning to link up last week but I promise to get back on track next week.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! But how sad that you couldnt bring any goodies back home with you :-(
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know you could sell on Facebook??? Sounds interesting. Great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ended up getting my thrifting post ready, so I hooked on up. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there I've linked to my website but not the right post which is called Inspire Me. It also happens to be a linky post. Love the idea of Magpie Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it (lovely post btw!) and changed your linky, I hope that's ok x

      Delete
  8. The fabric looks awesome! I've never heard of selling on facebook... sounds interesting, as I hate all those fees, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya, bit late and not a find made by me but by my auntie but it is second hand!

    I love hurricane lanterns - well anything to do with candles and twinkly lights really - moss and pinecones sounds lovely. Or vintage baubles would be nice too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great goodies! I especially love the dominoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like some very cool vintage patterns in that stack of fabric! I picked up a 1961 vintage Barbie board game this week - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never seem to find hurricane lanterns, you are so so lucky. Just posted on to my last post, as it is a run down of last weekends fnds. Just been recommended your blog by emma kate at painted style and I am glad she did xx

    ReplyDelete