Wednesday 15 May 2013

Chill Factor Slush Making Cup

Sometimes you see a gadget that just looks too good to be true.  Well, I thought this would be one of those. Something which promised amazing things but failed to deliver.

We were asked to review the Chill Factor Squeeze Cup from Character Online, and of course I said yes.  Ruby loves slushies but after the scary blue poo incident following a trip to the cinema, I've always steered her away from them.  I mean, what's in those things??

The idea of making our own at home, and the control I'd have over what went in them was very appealing, but still I had my doubts it would actually work.

While she was at school, I popped the squidgy cup in the freezer in preparation for home time.  Yes, I guess it's a bit of a fag having to remember to freeze it in advance, but it's no different really from remembering to fill up the ice cube tray so you have a supply for cold drinks.

Once the cup is frozen, you fill it with squash, or juice or whatever drink you want.  You then squeeze the sides (I found that the sides were a little too frozen solid to squeeze, but scoodging it at the bottom and pushing the liquid up over the icy sides worked perfectly).



As a side note, it's an interesting practical science experiment to see how water expands as it freezes and the volume increases - what fits easily into the cup as liquid squash, fills up and over the brim as frozen slush.  "Yeah whatever Mum, what does it taste like??"

Well, it's safe to say it's a huge hit.  The scoop straw with comes with the cup is perfect for slurping/munching and spooning the slush; it's easy to clean; comes in a range of bright colours and allows you to make much healthier versions of slush drinks at home.

I can't wait to get it off her now and make some frappuchinos - oh no wait - frozen daiquiris!  Now you're talking.

Disclosure:  I was sent the cup for the purposes of this review however all views expressed are my own and are honest.


6 comments:

  1. ooh that cup looks excellent and really easy to use, I'm now intrigued over the blue poo incident and totally unrelated I love your new blog theme Liz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't let your kids drink blue slush!

      Thanks for the comment, glad you like the new look. x

      Delete
  2. This looks exciting and interesting. My kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two slush mad girls, and love the idea...in fact I think my hubby would love it too!

    ReplyDelete

  4. You did a great research about the product and really loved reading it. I must say I’ve no idea about agora pulse before and not even heard that word. While i’m writing this i am using buffer and hoot suite to monitor my social media’s. Both are good by the way I’ve to admit. I’m thinking to try agora and i will share my feedback after trying it.
    ....................

    ReplyDelete