Tuesday 28 May 2013

Tuesday Treats - Half Term Holidays

It's time for Tuesday Treats again, the weekly feature of great reads brought to you by myself; RuthBecky and Chris.  Yet again my turn has fallen on a Bank holiday week and we're currently sunning ourselves/sheltering from the rain in north Wales.

So this will be brief I'm afraid, but these are my favourite reads of the week.

First up is Annie from Mammasaurus.  We both saw the Channel 4 program Skint last week, and I found it a pretty tough watch. What was much harder however was the unbelievable reactions displayed on Twitter.  I found myself nodding in agreement all the way through this sensible and compassionate post.

My next recommendation is the Country Kids post by Coombe Mill.  Running a weekly linky myself, I admire Fiona's dedication to the cause.  Personally I think she deserves an award for encouraging so many families out to have fun in the great outdoors.  I enjoyed this week's post particularly - I've stayed at Coombe Mill Farm and remember the hills well, so I know that cycling up them is for the super-fit only!

I have to share with you this amazing looking cake from Aly at Plus 2 Point 4.  I don't think there's much that she can't make in a slow cooker, and this delicious orange and courgette cake rather proves the point.



I adored this post by A Residence of their trip to the Viking Spring Thing at Sherwood Pines.  Her stunning photos capture the awe and wonder in her children's faces as they watch history come to life.

Finally, I need to mention Ali's amazing craft post at Kids Chaos.  Joining in with Red Ted Art's weekly craft hangout, she came up with the most incredible bi planes made from lolly sticks and pegs.  They really do look gorgeous, and put my little boats to shame - although hers don't actually fly.  Just sayin.


Last but not least, I saw this brilliant video shared by Emily from A Mummy Too on Facebook.  If you Instagram you'll recognise yourself in this hilarious send-up.  Take a look.

That's it from me, enjoy the holidays.



4 comments:

  1. Oh Liz thanks for sharing my post, I watched Skint again last night but this time didn't look at Twitter!

    Those planes look super cute! I need to join in with Country Kids again soon - thanks for reminding me! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely pick of people! I do love Ali's planes and I'll be getting the kids onto them at some point this week.Thanks for including my cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, thanks for sharing our little peg-planes Lizzie, and yes, they DO fly, (if you hang them by a piece of cotton from the washing line, and then Photoshop out the cotton.... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including my Vikings. Lovely little round up :)

    ReplyDelete