Tuesday 7 May 2013

Tuesday Treats - May Bank Holiday

It's time for Tuesday Treats again, the weekly feature of great reads brought to you by myself; Ruth; Becky and Chris.

I don't know about you, but I find holiday weekends so busy, and with not a lot of time to read favourite blogs I hope I can pinpoint some must-reads for you, and save you missing them.

First up, I'm so thrilled that this lady has started blogging.  Family Days, Tried and Tested has up to now been a Facebook page, but she's taken the leap and started a blog.  Let's show her what a warm; welcoming and supportive community we are - go visit!  The Facebook page has been such an inspiration for me with simple ideas on how to make the very best of the outdoors - from taking a portable tin can marshmallow toaster out on a walk, to hauling out an inflatable paddling pool, piling it high with cushions and watching the stars under the night sky.  I guarantee you'll be outside trying these out before you know it.

Damson Lane has been out and about this weekend enjoying the sights that Butterfly World has to offer.  This attraction is not far from me and it's one that I've always fancied visiting, and this review has only spurred me on to go there.

Purple Mum has been enjoying the forest, and the kids made a beautiful woodland crown while they were there. Why do I never get organised enough to take materials with me?



Since the whole world seems to have exploded with daisies and dandelions with the advent of the sun, Cerys at Rainy Day Mum shares her 10 flower craft ideas - loads of great kid's crafts to make the most of nature.

Kylie over at Kykaree has a fabulous fundraising idea to raise money and awareness of the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, and if you're in the Manchester area she's calling for people to help her with her yarn bombing project, decorating an area with crochet.

The Brick Castle shares a recipe for Ice Cream Bread - yep, that's right!  With plenty of it in the freezer this time of the year, I think I might give it a go.

Michelle at Mummy From the Heart has a lovely competition on her blog to win a personalised fingerprint keyring - in time for Father's Day.  Be sure to enter that one.

And finally, my lovely friend Chris Tea and Cakes has for a long time been sharing her purchases of retro bed linen on my Magpie Monday linky.  I've always wondered what she's going to do with it all, and she shows off the gorgeous dresses she's made for her little girl - I have a Care Bear duvet cover now pleading with me to get the machine out, and now also a summer skirt for herself.  How great are they?



Hope these little blog finds have got you feeling all summery.  Have I missed out your favourite post from the week?  Please share it in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome posts Lizzie will have a good read tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I love love that dress, maybe I should start making again as that is fab! I really want - there is a great business idea in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my little old dress Liz, I've already had an order for one in the My Little Pony print so perhaps I should start listing them on my Etsy shop?? xxx

    ReplyDelete